top of page
Calendar of Events
- Thu 18 May18ThuMayAWỌ Presents, A Place To Call Home Series/Los GatosMay 18, 5:30 PM – May 20, 1:30 PMLos Gatos, Los Gatos, CA, USAAWỌ’s “A Place To Call Home Series” will attempt to focus on finding common ground and create space for those who don’t have homes.
- Sat 25 Mar25SatMarWomen In Action: Dare To Do Different/Congregation Shir HadashMar 25, 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM PDTCongregation Shir Hadash, 20 Cherry Blossom Ln, Los Gatos, CA 95032Join us for a culminating International Women's Day & Women's History Month in an engaging space for community building, sharing of ideas, following through on curiosities, taking action and making meaningful connections.
- Oct 15, 2022, 12:30 PM PDTSilicon Valley African Film Festival, 1635 Park Ave, San Jose, CA 95126, USA“Àyán” is a documentary short film that explores the art of traditional drum making in Iseyin, a sleepy town in the outskirts of Ibadan, (the cradle of Yoruba civilization in Yoruba land) of Nigeria. The story is told through the lens of a young man and his dad, a family of master drum makers.
- Sat 01 Oct01SatOct#WeCreate408/San JoseOct 01, 2022, 8:00 AM PDT – Oct 31, 2022, 8:00 AM PDTSan Jose, San Jose, CA, USACreativity every day! Be bold. Inspire and celebrate San José. Join the 31-day online creativity challenge this October.
- Sun 28 Aug28SunAugDrums of the World II/Addison-Penzak JCC Los GatosAug 28, 2022, 11:00 AM – 4:30 PM PDTAddison-Penzak JCC Los Gatos, 14855 Oka Rd, Los Gatos, CA 95032, USAA drumming and talking exchange bringing together unheard voices from local communities - from guest speaker Chike Nwoffiah, Founder & Director of the Silicon Valley African Film Festival to Japanese Taiko, African-American and Yoruba storytellers and African drumming performances.
- Sat 27 Aug27SatAugDrums of the World I/South Tower Lawn near Tower Hall at SJSUAug 27, 2022, 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM PDTSouth Tower Lawn near Tower Hall at SJSU, Near S. 4th Street and E. San Fernando Street, San Jose, CA 95112A drumming and talking exchange bringing together unheard voices from local communities - from guest speaker SF Bay Area Jazz Vocalist Tiffany Austin and African-American and Yoruba storytellers to Afro-Latin drumming performances.
- Sat 16 Jul16SatJulDrums in the Park/Town Plaza Park Los GatosJul 16, 2022, 12:00 PM – 7:00 PMTown Plaza Park Los Gatos, Montebello Way, Los Gatos, CA 95030, USAA drumming and talking exchange bringing together unheard voices from local communities - from guest speakers Ann Jealous & Caroline Haskell of the book Combined Destinies to West African, African-American, Yoruba and Vietnamese American performances.
- Sat 04 Dec04SatDecHOTH at the Los Gatos Promenade/Los Gatos PromenadeDec 04, 2021, 12:00 PM – 9:00 PMLos Gatos Promenade, 127 N Santa Cruz Ave, Los Gatos, CA 95030, USAHOTH (Hands of the Hinterlands) is sell African Handbags and more at the Los Gatos Promenade on Saturday December 4th. 20% of Sales will Benefit AWO. Find our stand at the US Bank Paking Lot at 127 North Santa Cruz Avenue in Los Gatos.
- Thu 02 Dec02ThuDecSip & Shop at J. McLaughlin Los Gatos/Los GatosDec 02, 2021, 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM PSTLos Gatos, 17 N Santa Cruz Ave, Los Gatos, CA 95030, USAPlease join us with Hostess Folake Phillips for Holiday Sips and Shopping in support of AWO: Skin. Color. Race. 15% of Sales will benefit AWO: Skin. Color. Race. Enjoy complimentary gift wrap, shipping, and curbside pick-up. For more info, please visit www.awocenter.org
- Sat 06 Nov06SatNovAWỌ Literary Soirée & Fundraiser/San Jose Woman's ClubNov 06, 2021, 3:00 PM – 6:30 PM PDTSan Jose Woman's Club, 75 S 11th St, San Jose, CA 95112, USAOur Literary Soiree will feature 3 authors with 3 very different stories of how they have reached success in the fields of high-tech, culinary arts, and education. Join us for an exciting afternoon of cocktails, prizes and inspiring stories that transcend our community!
- Sun 27 Jun27SunJunHUEmankind Fest 2021 Day 2/A Virtual Social Justice HackathonJun 27, 2021, 2:00 PM – 4:30 PM PDTA Virtual Social Justice HackathonTo celebrate Juneteenth and promote HUEman kinship and kindness in the communities our diverse local communities, AWỌ is pleased to launch our inaugural HUEmankind Fest bringing together unheard voices from local communities to unpack the different shades of our shared HUEmanity. Join us!
- Sat 26 Jun26SatJunHUEmankind Fest 2021 Day 1/Virtual Performances & WorkshopsJun 26, 2021, 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM PDTVirtual Performances & WorkshopsTo celebrate Juneteenth and promote HUEman kinship and kindness in our local communities, AWỌ is pleased to launch our inaugural HUEmankind Fest bringing together unheard voices from local communities to unpack the different shades of our shared HUEmanity. Join us!
- Tue 25 May25TueMayA Tribute to George Floyd/Online Zoom MeetingMay 25, 2021, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM PDTOnline Zoom MeetingAWO presents a tribute in remembrance of George Floyd. Remembering a Father, Son, Brother, Friend and Change Agent.
- Apr 25, 2021, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM PDTDrop-In Audio Chat on Clubhouse AppWith Folake Phillips, Becca Gibson, Ekua Walker & Dr. Bakes - The mental health effect of remote learning is real and as some students head back to in-person school, many face re-entry stress. Walk-in to learn about red flags, stress and loss, coping strategies, etc.
- Apr 23, 2021, 10:00 PM PDT – Apr 24, 2021, 12:00 AM PDTDrop-in Audio Chat on Clubhouse AppWith Folake Phillips & Dayo Francis - A unification driven conversation primarily for African immigrants/nationals living in the US to share, learn and engage for unified black voice. Certainly, all others are welcomed!
- Apr 10, 2021, 10:30 PM PDT – Apr 11, 2021, 12:30 AM PDTDrop-in Audio Chat on Clubhouse AppFolake Phillips and Dayo Francis speak primarily to Africans and African immigrants in the Diaspora about us standing more in solidarity, educating ourselves, sharing strategic ideas that lead to quality organizing for reparations.
- Wed 31 Mar31WedMarThe True Measure of the Essential Worker/WebinarMar 31, 2021, 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM PDTWebinarJoin us in conversations on diversity, implicit bias and corporate responsibility as we explore new narrative possibilities for essential workers, unions and corporations in a post COVID-19 America.
- Mar 21, 2021, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM PDTDrop-in Audio Chat on Clubhouse AppToday we will be discussing the following social topic: "Anti-Black / Brown Racism & the Foster Care to Prison Pipeline" Come listen in and share your thoughts!
bottom of page