Calendar of Events
- Sat, Jun 26Virtual Performances & WorkshopsTo celebrate Juneteenth and promote HUEman kinship and kindness in our local communities, AWỌ is pleased to launch our inaugural HUEmankind Fest bringing together unheard voices from local communities to unpack the different shades of our shared HUEmanity. Join us!
- Mon, Oct 11WebinarSpotlighting Indigenous People's Day is an important discussion for local communities and a way to amplify and including the Indigenous voices of North America. Come hear some of its movement leaders in the South Bay speak about legacy, cultural revitalization, healing and restoration.
- Sun, Apr 25Drop-In Audio Chat on Clubhouse AppWith Folake Phillips, Becca Gibson, Ekua Walker & Dr. Bakes - The mental health effect of remote learning is real and as some students head back to in-person school, many face re-entry stress. Walk-in to learn about red flags, stress and loss, coping strategies, etc.
- Sat, Feb 20WebinarIn honor of Martin Luther King, Jr., AWO connects parents, guardians and families globally with a diverse group of experts from the fields of pediatric medicine, higher education and pharma to enlighten, discuss strategies and empower participants so that parents can make an informed decision.
- Sat, Oct 24WebinarAWO hosts an online dialogue on civic reasoning and responsibility, and how the communities of Los Gatos, Saratoga and surrounding areas can be an increasing model of inclusion and opportunity that is independent of demographic bias and cultural intolerance.
- Sat, Sep 12Outdoors at Mountain Bible ChurchIn response to the death of George Floyd and the Black Lives Matter protest across the nation, AWO invites educators, social workers and professionals to speak on the cultural expressions of racism in Silicon Valley today.